I got the idea to do this post when I continued to get comments on how put together I always look so soon after having a baby! I love all the sweet comments and it makes me feel so much better, especially since I still have about 20 pounds of “baby weight” to lose! If only they knew how easy my routine is to get out the door!!! Here are my secrets to making it out the door looking put together in UNDER 10 MINUTES!
– Get a low-maintenance hair cut. My newborn does not like being put down so I have a very limited amount of time each day where I have 2 hands to work with. This pretty much means I can throw doing my hair out the window! With my low-maintenance haircut, all I need is a comb, at most!
– Brush your teeth right when you get up (even if it means baby has to cry for 2 minutes). Being in dentistry, I hate walking around (even at home) without having my teeth brushed. I do it right when I get up in the morning and I don’t have to worry about it the rest of the day.
– Have a good selection of cute, comfy clothes. One of the most important things about choosing clothes for the postpartum period, for me, is functionality. The last thing I want to worry about is being uncomfortable or feeling like I can’t move with 2 little ones in tow. But I’m not talking about sweatpants and sweatshirts (leave those for home)! Think *Leggings or jeggings *Black yoga pants *Cute cotton v-neck t-shirts *Cardigans *Cotton dresses (weather permitting). These are all cute and functional. Just be sure they are clean!!!
– Change into cute clothes right before leaving the house. This is a continuation on my last point of keeping your clothes clean! Leave the grungy sweats and tops for home where they can get covered in spit-up, pee, poop, and breast milk without having to stress. When you are about ready to leave the house, put on your clean, cute clothes!
– Complete your outfit with cute flats, sandals or heels. Nothing screams frumpy mom like going out in your white tennis shoes (sorry, but that’s not cute)! Trade in those tennis shoes for some comfy flats, or if it is just a quick trip, throw on some sassy heals!
– Add some fun accessories! Spruce up your outfit with some cute earings, a fun necklace or a pretty scarf. It only takes a couple seconds to throw on and it instantly looks like you spent a good amount of time getting ready to go. I have a couple staple pairs of earings and necklaces that I can throw on quickly. They are super cute and go with most outfits. A pretty scarf can also add instant pizzazz to your outfit.
– Keep a bag of go-to makeup. For me this is *concealer, *mascara and *foundation. Keep it in a small makeup bag and do your makeup in the car before you pull out of the driveway. This way, the kiddos are all loaded up and ready to go and you have 2 free hands to get it done in a flash! I also keep a *comb and *perfume in there that I can throw on!
There you have it! That is how I look “so put together” with a 2 year old and a newborn! My entire routine takes me UNDER 10 MINUTES! Do you have any awesome tips for how you get out the door looking fabulous?